- Masters of Science, Counseling SDSU
- Masters of Fine Art, Visual Art UCSD
- B.A. Social Science, UC Irvine
- Licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples (EFT Institute San Diego).
- Conflict Resolution Exchange Training (National Conflict Resolution Center).
- Attachment Parenting for Foster and Adopted Children (Grossmont College Foster & Kinship Care Education).
- Positive Discipline Educator Training (Positive Discipline Parenting Program).
- Second Step Social/Emotional Skills Training for Children (Committee for Children).
- Treatment of Problem Gamblers and their Families (State of California Training).
- Motivational Interviewing (UCSD Summer Clinical Institute in Addiction Studies).
- C-CERT: Campus Community Emergency Response Training (San Diego Community College District/FEMA).
German (fluent), Spanish (basic).
Clinical Member, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
Clinical Member, Postpartum Health Alliance San Diego
Clinical Member, International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
It’s All in the Game: Designing and Playing Board Games to Foster Communication and Social Skills, Young Children Magazine (National Association for the Education of Young Children).
IN THE NEWS
Robert L. Pincus, “Picturing Their Worlds: Through Photographs and Videos, 33 Students Find a Positive Voice,” The San Diego Union Tribune, 08/23/99
Denise Ward, “Ugliness of Domestic Violence Translated into Art,” The Daily Californian, 12/02/96
Robert L. Pincus, “Their So-Called Life,” The San Diego Union Tribune, 05/19/96
SELECTED PUBLIC PROJECTS
Who Can I Run To?
Created a traveling installation with and for a teen audience, addressing domestic violence issues. Part of Through the Eyes of Children, a collaboration between the Center for Community Solutions, the YMCA of San Diego County, the San Diego Children’s Museum, and the County Department of Health Services. Exhibit traveled to over 20 sites/events in San Diego County including Hilltop Middle School and the Scripps – Well Being Fair, 1997 – 1999
Ask Me If I Care
Designed and created an interactive, 2,000 sq. ft.exhibit in collaboration with UCSD Pediatrics and high school students exploring developmental, mental and physical health and social issues affecting teens. Main Gallery, Children’s Museum/Museo de los Niños, San Diego, CA. 1996
See “About Me” Page »