"This is not how I thought it would be!"
If you’ve ever said this about your life, you are not alone. We all have these moments. In my counseling practice, I work with you in a collaborative, solution-focused way, helping address current life stress and long-standing challenges.
Common issues of clients seeking counseling vary. Some areas of focus may be:
- Career and workplace issues: Managing work stress, creative blocks, conflict-resolution
- Disabling emotional patterns: anxiety, panic attacks, anger, fear, sadness, depression
- Relationships: communication, emotional connection, dating, pre-marital counseling, couples counseling, marital dischord
- Growing a family: Infertility, pregnancy, post-partum depression, birth of baby, motherhood, fatherhood
- Parenting: challenges, discipline issues, creative solutions
- Life purpose/transitions: recent move, job change/loss, relationship break-up or divorce
- Chronic pain/health issues affecting quality of life and mood
- Attention Deficit (ADD/ADHD)
- Self-esteem, personal growth
- Spiritual Issues
- Compulsive spending
- Problem gambling (free counseling available for individuals and/or affected family, friends, and co-workers; funded by the California Office of Problem Gambling)
- Deployment Issues/Return & Reunion
This list is not inclusive and reasons for seeking counseling vary from person to person.
For more information about what to expect from counseling sessions, please click here.
I am a clinical member of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), the Postpartum Health Alliance, and the California Association for Marriage and Family Therapists.